Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Genoa, The seaside

It was nice to get away from the farm smell and go spend 5 days at the beach. The weather was hot everyday, even though the mornings started out cloudy, and the water was fairly warm. I loved the scenery because when you were sitting on the beach you could look behind you and see the mountians right behind you. Mostly we just sat on the beach and tanned, I dont really tan even if I try, but I did get a little tan. Rikki doesnt seem to like the water very much, but neither does anyone else. They really dont swim much except for the little kids. We ate a lot of icecream and pizza while we were at the seaside but the pizza was good Italian pizza, not thick and full of nasty stuff. It was like going to Mexico except everyone spoke Italian not Spanish, a good vacation away from the farm.

Today Rikki, two of his friends and I went to Milan again. We shopped some and then just sat and talked for a long while. I like seeing all the designer stores, they have really nice clothes, but I nothing that I could afford! It was fun and I am sad to be packing up but I will be glad to be home in a few days.

I will post again after I get back to Colorado.

Love,
Bessie

2 comments:

ChristineT said...

bessie, WHAT BOYS ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH?!? we really don't know if there are any specifics you want us to invite

Dad said...

We are glad you are coming home as Julia misses you a lot.

Daddy is just saying that. I don't really miss you that much (?) and I wish that I had a little more time to myself. We made some banana bread but we ate it all already, sorry !

We do have a lot of basil so I thought we might have Pesto Pasta Friday night.

Love,

Julia and Dad

ps. the order of comments are Dad-Julia-Dad