Thursday, June 14, 2007

Milano and the farm

Chao! Today Rikki and I went to Milan with two of his friends. The church is beautiful!!! We walked around the Gallery and saw Prada, Louis Vaton (sp?), etc... I have pictures. Compared to France, not many people here smoke. The teenagers all seem to but not many adults, it is interesting. It is warm during the day and usually rains at night which is nice. There is a lot of down time during the day but I read and sleep a lot then. I have already finished two books! Rikki and I are going to go to Venice on Monday with his Dad I think but before then not much is going on. The farm is not as big as I thought it would be, they have about 100 cows, maybe a little more, maybe 150+ pigs, and a few chickens. Most of the family lives on the property and the men I think all work on the farm. It is interesting to see how they live like because it is so different from how we do in almost every way. Chao!

Love,
Bess

2 comments:

Mom said...

bess - great to hear from you. Sounds like life is much slower than at home. I am glad you are enjoying it - Venice should be fun and very exciting.

Julia and I are at Louise and Tim's house after several days up North. We had fun with Uncle Jimmy, Brenda, Neil and Andrea, and with Aunt Louise, Sarah, Sofia and William. Julia tried water skiing and got up on the first try.
To use the cell phone you will have to go to a local cell phone store to get it activated. There should be a set of instructions with it, but I believe they only apply if it is activated while it is still in the US. Please try to call me sometime, or if you don't get it activated, let me know what time of day is good to call you at Ricky's house.
So glad you are enjoying yourself. Keep those blogs coming - everyone loves reading them. Love you lots - Mom

Louise Briody said...

Dear Bessie,

I just read about the hot guys, and I am on my way! I better go to Venice with you also to get a look at these gondoliers.

It was very hot here today (93). We went to Greenfield Village (should have thought that through more), and afterwards the pool.

Tomorrow we are thinking of going to the Yacht Club for lunch. Pretty fun hey?

Love you, Aunt Louise