Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just getting settled

Mom,
We will be going to the beach either this weekend or next weekend with Rikkis Uncle and the maid. The maid, Maxi, is philipino and speaks OK english.

Cass,
Rikki is shorter than me but some of his friends are hot. I do not need to censor your comments because Rikki doenst know about the blog or even what a blog is. I will take plenty of pictures.

Everyone,
Last night Rikki, his dad and I went to a Rotary concert and some guy sang Italian and american songs but the american songs were hard to understand because the base was so loud it overpowered the lyrics. The towns and everything seem so old but it is nice, it gives them their personality. Even the music and technology seem to be about 10 years behind it is strange. Already I catch my self picking up on Italian ways, like when they say chao at the end of a phone call they say it 3 or 4 times and I have started doing that with si or yes! Today Rikki and I are going to go play tennis with a few of his friends, i am not very good so we will see how this goes.

Love,
Bess

2 comments:

LindsayS said...

Wow i totally forgot that you were going to Italy!! It sounds amazing! I hope you continue to have fun and ill talk to you later

ChristineT said...

Your trip sounds amazing so far!! It's really cool that you're already picking up the Italian ways. Send me lots of pictures, or mail them...
chao!